Monday, September 22, 2014

Fighter Babe Tammy Taylor Makes her Pro MMA Debut this Saturday

Fighter babe Tammy “TNT” Taylor makes her professional MMA debut this Saturday night for Eternal MMA in Coffs Harbour at The Coolangatta Hotel in Gold Coast City, Queensland, Australia. Fighting out of Brisbane, Australia we recently caught up with Tammy prior to her big fight this Saturday for the interview below to learn a little more about her.

How did you get involved in MMA and how long have you been training?

-Through a good friend, Dan Hyatt. He is quite an experienced and well known fighter who is also now a great coach. I had been boxing for years and was looking for a new challenge! After a great amateur career I was trying to turn professional for boxing but was struggling for opponents, so I thought I might try out MMA so I could keep a bit more active and I fell in love with it right away.

Where are you currently training, and what's a typical training week like for you?

-I currently train at RVT (Riot Vale Tudo) in Capalaba in Australia. Depending on where I’m at in my training camp or what I have coming up, my typical week can go from either 6 – 18 sessions per week (1 to 3 sessions per day). This can include MMA training, Strength and Conditioning and a lot of road work.

Tell us about your upcoming fight, who you're fighting and where?

-I have 2 coming up! Pretty exciting! I am fighting September 27th at Eternal MMA on the Gold Coast of Australia. I’m facing Jodie Struzik (0-1) which is going to be a very exciting fight!! I also have another fight in Mackay, Queensland coming up.

What is your best experience as a fighter? What is your worst?

-My best experience as a fighter would be representing Australia for boxing overseas. It was the most amazing feeling and experience of my life.

-My worst, hmmm…I guess getting ripped off! It happens sometimes in boxing, which can be quite a controversial sport occasionally with hometown fighters, etc.

What advice would you give to other women who are reading this interview and want to get started in MMA?

-JUST DO IT! It’s an amazing sport, extremely fun and challenging. Don’t be shy or scared, fighting attracts people from all walks of life so get into a good gym and learn as much as you can.

What or who are your inspirations in MMA and life?

-I have many different inspirations for many different things in life. I have come from a bit of a rough background and been through some terrible times and in some bad places, so I think at the end of the day you have to draw strength and courage from within and be your own leader and inspiration.

Who are your favorite MMA fighters?

-My top two are Sara McMann and Joanne Calderwood. I guess you can’t go passed looking up to Ronda Rousey as well as a female fighter.

How do you enjoy your free time when not training or fighting?

-I love being lazy, ha-ha. I don’t have a lot of spare time, so when I do I just love to chill. I enjoy spending time with my partner, friends and family and of course watching fights.

For those who will inquire we have a couple questions for the male readership as well.

Are you single?

-No :)

What do you look for in a guy?

-They have to be funny! I love laughing and being silly, they have to be able to give me a little bit of shit and joke around with me. I also love someone who is strong, kind and motivated.

What are your turn-ons?

-EYES! A blokey bloke, he has to be quite manly, and a cheeky sense of humor.

What are your turnoffs?

-ARROGANCE!! And pretty boys.

What would you say is your best feature?

-Probably my eyes.

Lastly before we let you go we would love to hear about your future plans.

Any future plans or dreams?

-To conquer the world of course! I have 3 fights planned before the end of the year where I aim to stay undefeated. I would like to get in as many more fights as I can next year and hopefully get my first overseas MMA fight too. I dream like every other motivated, committed fighter of winning titles, and the more the merrier! I’m all or nothing.

Thank you very much for your time Tammy and good luck on fight night! Send your shout outs to Tammy on Twitter!

Posted on September 22, 2014 by www.babesofmma.com

1 comment: