Monday, September 1, 2014

Fighter Babe Jinh Yu Frey Makes Her Invicta FC Debut this Saturday

Fighter babe Jinh Yu Frey (2-0) returns to the cage this Saturday for Invicta FC 8 at the Municipal Auditorium in Kansas City, Missouri. Fighting out of Arlington, Texas we recently caught up with Jinh prior to her Invicta FC debut this Saturday for the interview below to learn a little more about her.

How did you get involved in MMA and how long have you been training?

-Just a new way to get in shape and 6 years later I'm still here.

Where are you currently training, and what's a typical training week like for you?

-Mohler MMA and I've been cross training with Team Takedown. I try to train 6 days a week, but I listen to my body and if I need an extra day I take it.

Tell us about your upcoming fight, who you're fighting and where?

-I'm fighting on Invicta FC 8 in Kansas City, Missouri against Jodie Esquibel (3-1).

What is your best experience as a fighter? What is your worst?

-I guess my best experience was my last fight. I had a fantastic KO win while defending my first title.

-My worst I suppose was my last loss as an amateur. I trained so hard, but still came up short. But that loss prompted me to change a lot about my fight camps and train smarter, so I was able to take something from it and turn it into something positive.

What advice would you give to other women who are reading this interview and want to get started in MMA?

-Just take the plunge, you never know until you try.

What or who are your inspirations in MMA and life?

-There are a number of people who have come from humble beginnings or overcome intense adversity to succeed, to me, those are the most inspiring.

Who are your favorite MMA fighters?

-There are so many good fighters out there these days; it's hard to limit it to one or two.

How do you enjoy your free time when not training or fighting?

-I read a lot and I backpack abroad with my husband.

For those who will inquire we have a couple questions for the male readership as well.

Are you single? In case our readers missed that from your last answer.

-Nope.

What do you look for in a guy?

-Humor.

Lastly before we let you go we would love to hear about your future plans and let you send some shout outs.

Any future plans or dreams?

-I'm just taking it one day at a time. Everyday new opportunities arise that I couldn't have even dreamed possible the day before.

Any shout outs you would like to make?

-I'd like to thank my husband, my coaches, my team and training partners at Mohler MMA. Invicta FC for this amazing opportunity, and my sponsors who support me on this wild journey: Damage Control Mouthguards, Apocalypse MMA, KV Cattle Co, Fritz Fowler, Gamma Labs, Revgear, and Soul Electronics.

Thank you very much for your time Jinh and good luck on fight night! Click here to purchase tickets to Jinh’s fight or tune into Fight Pass to watch the live stream. Send your shout outs to Jinh on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!

Posted on September 1, 2014 by www.babesofmma.com

1 comment:

  1. Jodie Esquibel defeated Jinh Yu Frey via split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-27).

    ReplyDelete