Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Fighter Babe Michelle Ould Returns to the Cage this Saturday

Fighter babe Michelle "Thundercat" Ould (7-3) returns to the cage this Saturday for Invicta FC 8 at the Municipal Auditorium in Kansas City, Missouri. Fighting out of Anaheim, California we recently caught up with Michelle prior to her Invicta FC debut this Saturday for the interview below to learn a little more about her.

How did you get involved in MMA and how long have you been training?

-I was tired of posting bail for getting in bar fights so I started training so I wouldn't be a loser anymore. That started in 2007.

Where are you currently training, and what's a typical training week like for you?

-Out of Team Quest at Dan Henderson’s Athletic Fitness Center in Temecula, California. We have pro practice every day 1030-1230 and a ton of other morning and evening classes that I will take depending on my schedule and what I need to work on. There is never a typical week. We go live a lot and it’s pretty brutal.

Tell us about your upcoming fight, who you're fighting and where? 

-I am fighting September 6th in Kansas City, Missouri vs. Deanna Bennett (4-0). She is undefeated and beat Juliana Pena so it should be a tough, fun time.

What is your best experience as a fighter? What is your worst?

-Best, my body looks good from training.

-Worst, my face looks worse from training.

What advice would you give to other women who are reading this interview and want to get started in MMA?

-Take your time choosing a team, gym, coaches, managers, etc. There are a lot of shady people out there so do your research.

What or who are your inspirations in MMA and life?

-Too many to really name specifically. We have handicapped people that train in our gym every day and there are also fighters like Nick Newell who inspire me to not give up and realize how lucky I am physically. In life, people like my mom who have been through serious abuse, abandonment, foster care, and has been sober for over 15 years but is the most lovable, patient person you could meet instead of being a cold hearted bitch. Like me.

Who are your favorite MMA fighters?

-Dan Henderson, Tarec Saffiedine, Ronda Rousey, Tecia Torres, the Diaz brothers, Frankie Edgar, BJ Penn, Joseph Benavidez and most of all Team Alpha Male. I could go on and on.

How do you enjoy your free time when not training or fighting?

-Doing nothing. I love doing nothing.

For those who will inquire we have a few questions for the male readership as well.

Are you single? 

-Depends who you ask.

What do you look for in a guy or girl?

-I like manly ass men who can hunt, wrestle, clean, cook, just take care of biz and feminine girls with a brain and sense of humor.

What are your turn-ons?

-Funny people.

What are your turnoffs?

-Stupid people.

What would you say is your best feature?

-The tattoo on the back of my neck.

Lastly before we let you go we would love to hear about your future plans and let you send some shout outs.

Any future plans or dreams?

-To get out of MMA with the least amount of brain damage as possible so I can finish school. I would like to work with troubled youth as I had a messed up childhood and I had zero respect for counselors who couldn't relate. I want to be able to show kids that come from drug riddled families, instability, ghetto, etc, that they can do anything they want if they put the time and effort into it.

Any shout outs you would like to make?

-Linda Kriner, Sam Wilson, my family, my team, my coaches, and all of my sponsors. To everyone that believed in me even when I didn't.

Thank you very much for your time Michelle and good luck on fight night! Click here to purchase tickets to Michelle’s fight or tune into Fight Pass to watch the live stream. Send your shout outs to Michelle on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!

Posted on September 2, 2014 by www.babesofmma.com

1 comment:

  1. DeAnna Bennett defeated Michelle Ould via TKO at 1:34 of round two.

    ReplyDelete