Friday, October 25, 2013

October 2013 MMA Babe of the Month – Jessica Sutton

Our October 2013 MMA babe of the month is MMA World Series of Fighting (WSOF) ring card girl Jessica Sutton! This 27 year old knockout is 5’2”, 112 lbs, measures 34DD-24-35 and calls Las Vegas, Nevada home. Jessica previously ring carded for Golden Gloves Boxing and has been featured in Fight! Magazine and Ultimate MMA Magazine with her fellow WSOF ring card girls. Outside the world of MMA Jessica is an accomplished model, hairstylist and cocktail server. Keep on reading below to find out what else we learned about our October 2013 MMA babe of the month Jessica Sutton.

How did you get into the world of MMA?

-My brother Nicholas is the one that introduced me to this incredible sport. Aside from watching any fight one could conceivably imagine, he also showcased his respect for the sport by wearing MMA apparel along with being actively involved in Jiu-Jitsu; however I seldom watch television so for me my first genuine glimpse of MMA was my debut for World Series of Fighting. I have to say I was blown away by how much I actually enjoyed and appreciated watching the sport; furthermore I feel extremely blessed to have the opportunity to partake in the magic that occurs within that cage. I remember being so enthralled in one of the fights that I almost grabbed the wrong round ring card!

What were you doing before you became an MMA ring girl and model?

-When I first moved to Vegas I dealt cards in a party pit at Planet Hollywood. Shortly after, I got hired as model cocktail server at two of the best day clubs in the city. Prior to that I was actually living in upstate NY and working in a salon as a hair stylist. As you know from the previous feature I also manage rental properties in upstate NY.

Who are your favorite MMA fighters?

-I love fighters that have a story to tell. There is a fire lit within them that burns through their fighting. It’s difficult to pick favorites but to mention a few: Anthony Rumble Johnson is one of the sweetest guys that I have ever met outside the cage and to flip the switch he is an absolute powerhouse when he is fighting. I've witnessed those knockouts and geez I would not want to be one of his opponents! Nick Newell has obviously overcome a lot of obstacles which he has done with both grace and poise. He is on a mission and I’m excited to see him gain momentum. Marlon Moraes is always great to watch too. He is so compact that he is able to maneuver quickly and precisely. I really could go on and on. To mention one more though, Alexander Gustaffson is a beast and wow does he have stamina. That fight between him and Jon Jones had me screaming at the television!

What are the strangest and sweetest comments MMA fans have said to you?

-Someone approached me and actually said that I was an inspiration. In my opinion that is the best compliment anyone could receive. At the same time it took me back though. I have always encouraged people to chase their dreams. It’s imperative to me because I know that if not for the people that pushed and guided me, I would not be in the position that I am. When someone you have never met tells you that you did that for them, wow, there are no words.

What would your fight name be if you were a fighter? Jessica "?" Sutton

-Jessica “The Jack Hammer” Sutton.

What is something most people don't know about you?

-I lost my mother in a car accident 7 years ago.

What are your hobbies and how do you spend your free time?

-I love DIY projects. I literally will YouTube or Google any project and try to do it myself. I recently ripped up and retiled my bathroom floor which involved me also taking out the toilet. I also hung and wired all the ceiling fans in my house, swapped out a few recessed lights, epoxied the garage floor, and jack-hammered a fence out of my back yard (hence my fighter name). ;)

Are you single?

-I have actually been with the same guy since high school. We took a few breaks here and there but somehow we manage to always find our way back to each other.

What do you look for in a guy?

-There are many guys out in the world, but it truly takes someone with specific qualities encompassed by an unstoppable drive for their life which entices my attention. I find it of high importance to be with someone who is exceptionally motivated to be ambitious, prosperous and successful while possessing the ability to preserve a healthy balance between family and work.

What are your turn-ons?

-Ambition, work ethic, a sense of humor, empathy and the ability to stay humble.

What are your turnoffs?

-Ego, ego, ego and the lack of consideration for others.

What would you say is your best feature?

-My honey brown eyes, some say they glow.

What are your future plans or dreams in life?

-Ultimately I want what everyone wants, which is to be happy. I’m looking forward to settling down and raising a family. Hopefully between now and then I can make a difference in this world; however big or small of an impact that may be.

Any special shout outs or thank you's?

-I am thankful for each and every person that has entered my life, both good and bad. It is through the challenges and struggles that I have conquered that I found strength. It is through triumph and success that I found confidence. Both of those attributes have made such an impact on my quality of life.

Thank you very much for your time Jessica and glad to have you back on Babes of MMA! For more on our October 2013 MMA babe of the month Jessica Sutton check her out on FacebookInstagram and Twitter. Jessica and her fellow WSOF ring card girls will be in action tomorrow night at the BankUnited Center in Coral Gables, Florida starting at 6 PM ET and then live on NBC Sports starting at 9 PM ET.

No comments:

Post a Comment