Saturday, October 19, 2013

Meet MMA Babe Andrea Calle

Say hello to MMA babe Andrea Calle! Andrea is a MMA broadcaster; host and partner at El Octagono, founder of MMA Tat Magazine, model, actress and a fitness bikini competitor. I remember catching one of Andrea’s interviews not long ago and was captivated by this striking lady so glad to finally catch up with her for our own interview below.

Prior to working in the sport of MMA what were you doing?

-I worked at a petroleum company back home doing financial projections.

How did you get into the world of MMA?

-My team and now partners from El Octagono wanted a Spanish reporter for the show and a mutual friend asked me if I was interested in MMA and broadcasting. We all met, they took a chance on me, and taught me about MMA. I fell so in love with MMA I started to study it, watched FUEL TV 24/7 to learn more about the sport, the fighters, etc. I am blessed to do what I love for a living.

Who have been some of your favorite MMA interviews so far?

-I had an amazing interview with Dan hardy. For me a really memorable interview was my first with Dana White, I was shaking and I have never been more nervous and excited in my life.

Who are your favorite MMA fighters?

-Cain Velasquez, Anderson Silva, and Jon Jones are my favorite MMA fighters.

Are you a fan of the ladies competing in MMA and why?

-I love Women’s MMA and admire all female fighters for their courage and dedication. People only see the 15 minutes a fight lasts. But they don’t know what the daily life of a fighter is like, and especially female fighters that are really just now starting to get paid more fairly and are just now getting the attention they deserve.

What or who are your inspirations in MMA and life in general?

-In life my mother; she is such a strong woman, my father passed away when I was really young and my siblings were just babies and she raised us all. As for MMA and fighters I love the Rashad Evans story, and Jessica Aguilar, the way they have overcome odds to become amazing people, fighters and just humble, amazing human beings.

Do you have any advice for aspiring sports and MMA broadcasters?

-Never be afraid to dream. Dreams do come true when you put your focus and dedication into it. Set goals and don’t give up until you achieve them. Every step takes you closer to that big goal.

Outside the world of MMA, what other ventures or fields are you involved in?

-I have done some modeling and acting, I am a NPC fitness competitor in the bikini division, and I have a marketing and PR company that represents athletes.

How did you get involved in fitness competitions and that lifestyle?

-In fitness Alistair Overeem told me I should do something that would challenge me as an athlete. That fitness would help me understand more what fighters go through when dieting, what commitment and dedication meant from an athlete's point of view, and of course just feeling healthy and great about myself. It was the best advice he could ever give me, not only because it has opened so many doors for sponsors like Vitazen, AMP Fitness and more but also because it became a lifestyle and in changed my life forever.

How do you enjoy your free time?

-Family time, home watching fights, reading and just enjoying the simple things in life.

Any future plans or dreams?

-Oh so many, I am just getting started. I feel that I have so much to accomplish, so many children and people to help. I’m telling you, you will be hearing a lot from Andrea Calle.

Any shout outs you would like to make?

-Of course, to all my supporters, friends, family and sponsors.

Thank you very much for your time Andrea and keep up the great work in the MMA world! For more on Andrea check her out on FacebookInstagram and Twitter and stop by her blog and website.

No comments:

Post a Comment