Thursday, May 30, 2013

Fighter Babe Jessica Eye Returns to the Cage this Saturday

Fighter babe Jessica “Evil” Eye (9-1) returns to the cage this Saturday to throw down with Carina Damm (17-8) at NAAFS: Fight Nite in the Flats 9 at the Jacobs Pavilion at Nautica in Cleveland, Ohio. We recently caught up with Jessica prior to her big fight this Saturday for the interview below.

How did you get involved in MMA and how long have you been training?

-I have now been training since I was 19. I’ll be 27 in July so roughly 8 years and competing for about 6.

Where are you currently training, and what's a typical training week like for you?

-I am training and living out of Cleveland, Ohio. Our Gym is located in Independence, Ohio called Strong Style MMA & Training Center. My weeks are non-stop. I usually train twice a day and sometimes more. I usually start with strength training then a break for a few hours followed by my skill work and then evening team training. I love how busy it keeps me. An idle mind is the devils workshop.

Tell us about your upcoming fight, who you're fighting and where?

-I am fighting Carina Damm for the NAAFS as the main event this Saturday in Cleveland, Ohio.

What is your best experience as a fighter? What is your worst?

-Best experience is all the traveling I do with sponsors and the fight organizations. The worst part is when you have a bad weight cut.

What advice would you give to other women who are reading this interview and want to get started in MMA?

-Be sure of yourself in this sport. Be sure this is exactly the life you want. It takes a lot of dedication and time but anything is possible with hard work.

What or who are your inspirations in MMA and life?

-I don’t really have a person but I have experiences that have inspired me throughout my career and life. My car accident and associated tragedies that have happened throughout the course of my life have helped mold me into who I am today and also who I will become.

Who are your favorite MMA fighters?

-I do have a few including Jose Aldo, Anderson Silva, and of course my teammates.

How do you enjoy your free time when not training or fighting?

-I really like to cook and have people over at my home for gatherings. I like to hang out with friends and travel to new places, preferably warm places.

Of course we have a few questions for the male readership as well.

Are you single?

-Yes I am. Happily single too.

What do you look for in a guy?

-In a guy, he has to have a good, strong personality and can handle my heavy schedule. And of course he has to adore me :)

What are your turn-ons?

-Well dressed and someone who takes care of themselves and not a Jersey Shore wanna be.

What are your turnoffs?

-Arrogance.

What would you say is your best feature?

-HMMM, I have to say from what others tell me is my smile? You be the judge.

Any future plans or dreams?

-Of course to just live a life full of happiness and longevity. Own a beautiful home and leave a legacy in this sport.

Any shout outs you would like to make?

-Yes, to all my friends who are the biggest supporters you could ask for. I am blessed to have such a great group of people in my life. As well as my sponsors: Chick-O-Stick by Atkinsoncandy.com, Intimidationclothing.com, Dawgs 4ever, HaaszAutomall.com, and John Lennon.

Thank you for your time and good luck on fight night Jessica! For the latest on Jessica “Evil” Eye please visit her FacebookInstagram and Twitter pages.

1 comment:

  1. Jessica Eye defeated Carina Damm via unanimous decision 29-28, 29-28 and 29-28.

    ReplyDelete