Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Fighter Babe Paulina Granados Returns to the Cage Friday

Say hello to Fighter babe Paulina Granados. 23 year old Paulina is an amateur mixed martial artist fighting out of American Revolution Muay Thai and Submission Center in Corpus Christi, TX. Her family is from Guanajuato, Mexico but Paulina is the first generation born in the USA. She calls herself a tomboy but still loves waterproof mascara and shaking her hips to the beat of the music. Read on to learn more about Paulina and her upcoming fight on November 4th.


How did you get involved in MMA and how long have you been training?

-I got involved in MMA a little over 2 years ago. I felt like I had a hole in my heart because I grew up as an athlete, the lack of competition and a challenge was really making my life miserable! I lacked discipline in my life which was making my dad miserable too!! haha

Where are you currently training and what's a typical training week like for you?

-I am currently training at American Revolution Muay Thai and Submission Center and also at Results Personal Training (Where I also work). I go to Results 2-3 times a week for my strength and conditioning and I train at American Revolution 6 days a week in Muay Thai, Jiu Jitsu and wrestling. I train on average 27-28 hours a week.

Tell us about your upcoming fight, who you're fighting and where?

-I am fighting in Humble, Texas for Cage Combat 6 vs. Ashley Meza at 110 lbs on Friday, November 4th.

What is your best experience as a fighter? What is your worst?

-Geez, all my experiences as a fighter are awesome! If I had to pick it would have to be my four week trip to Thailand...it was just so amazing to train in the land of Muay Thai!!! My worst experience as a fighter would have to be my first loss in Thailand!! Gah, I cried so much! The taste of defeat is bitter!!! You live and you learn though!

What advice would you give to other women who are reading this interview and want to get started in MMA?

-The more you train, the better you get to learn the art and how your body works! You get hit, get back up and hit back!! Don't ever EVER let anyone discourage you. You know how hard you work and no one can take that from you. Never forget why got you started.

What are some of the hurdles that you think Women in MMA need to overcome before Women's MMA will be considered a top level sport like Men's MMA is today?

-Well, first off I believe women's MMA is not taken very seriously by most because there are those handful of women that sell tit's and ass and have no true talent as fighters....just "pretty" faces. I think when most women become more well-rounded fighters, not just good in one aspect of the game, and then we will be taken seriously.

When do you think we will see a women’s division in the UFC?

-I don't know and I don't really care. I think women's MMA is growing and eventually will get big, if it's not with the UFC, it will be with someone else. I don't think we need the UFC to grow.

What or who are your inspirations in MMA and life?

-I eventually want to be a elite fighter/athlete and train with the world’s best. For example George St. Pierre is training with Olympians...that is just awesome to me. I want to own my own gym and have lots and lots of girls and women training in my facility. I want to help girls that are being bullied, feeling insecure, or lonely. I want to help build confidence, pride, and self-worth.

Who are your favorite MMA fighters?

-I really respect and favor Zoila Frausto, she seems so down to earth and she is just such a freaking bad ass!! I also like Michele Gutierrez, Sara McMann, Cat Zingano, George St. Pierre and Dominick Cruz

How do you enjoy your free time when not training or fighting? Any hobbies?

-I like to do a lot of things! I am kind of a nerd lol I like beading, making jewelry and accessories. I also like to read. I am adrenaline junkie but since I started fighting, I stopped skimboarding, wakeboarding and driving fast and all that fun stuff because I don’t want to risk getting hurt and not be able to fight. The irony, lol.

Any future plans or dreams?

-I want to fight in Bellator and Strikeforce. I also want to travel around the world and train in different settings.

Are you single?

-No I am not single, sorry guys!

What do you look for in a guy?

-I don't look!! lol I guess someone that is caring, calls me randomly, tells me I'm pretty and won't stop talking to me because I am a fighter (Yes, that has happened to me more than once believe it or not!).

What are your turn-ons?

-Clean cut, big brown eyes, crooked smile and he has to know how to fight! ;)

What are your turnoffs?

-Party boys, bad hygiene and unhealthy people.

What would you say is your best feature?

-I think it's my smile, but everyone I come across always wants to touch my arms lol.

Any shout outs you would like to make?

-I want to make a shout out to my fight team at American Revolution! Jared, Patrick, Dustin & Chris! Yall guys rock! I want to give a big shout out to my instructor Freddy Medellin for being patient with me, also my sponsors Rocks Discount Vitamins N More for supplying me with all my awesome supplements that helped me get through training and Tussle Fight Gear for all the awesome apparel!

Thank you very much for your time Paulina and best of luck on Friday! Say hello to Paulina on Twitter @PaulinaGrana2 and check out her YouTube channel.

2 comments:

  1. Paulina was victorius via unanimous decision. Watch her fight here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkLV87T7NIk&feature=youtu.be

    ReplyDelete
  2. Minor correction, Paulina won by split decision. Already excited to see her fight again.

    ReplyDelete