Wednesday, May 18, 2011

May 2011 MMA Babe of the Month - Kenda Perez

Our May 2011 MMA babe of the month is The Best of Pride Fighting Championships television show host and part of the UFC family Kenda Perez.  First things first Happy Birthday to Kenda!  Kenda Rae Perez was born on May 18th in Laguna Beach, CA.  She grew up in Orange County but currently resides in Newport Beach, CA.  Growing up she went to a very small Christian private school which graduated a class of only ten students.  Kenda started small time modeling at the age of 12 and landed her first big job with Maxim Magazine when she entered their hometown hotties contest and placed fourth.  From there she did numerous promotions for Maxim on TV and radio as well as the magazine itself.  Low and behold this is where the UFC found this stunner and welcomed Kenda into the UFC family, the fastest growing sports organization.  UFC fans quickly found a new favorite in Kenda as she became the host of The Best of Pride Fighting Championships.  With the popular show receiving a million views per episode on Spike TV, Kenda is highly anticipating season two which will begin filming soon.  Kenda was also just recently at the grand opening of the new UFC gym in Corona, CA last weekend, always in attendance at UFC fights and will be guaranteed to turn heads walking the red carpet at the coming Spike TV Guys Choice Awards.  We recently had the pleasure of catching up with Kenda for a short interview as well so read on below.

You have a martial arts background.  How did you get into this?

-Well I don't train but my dad is a black belt in Gen-buki Shito-ru, so I did grow up going to his classes and watching him compete.

How did you get into the world of MMA?

-I've always been a huge fan of extreme sports including MMA.  I had been to a handful of UFC fights before actually working for the company.

Who are your favorite MMA fighters?

-With a roster like the UFC has its way too hard to pick a favorite fighter.  I'm a big fan of the lighter weight classes as they have quicker paced rounds.

What are the strangest and sweetest comments MMA fans have said to you?

-Strangest, when people get x-rated with comments thinking they're being "cheeky".  Sweetest, anytime I get to meet a FEMALE fan and she tells me how much I inspire her.

What is something most people don't know about you?

-I'm a super hero!

What are your hobbies and how do you spend your free time?

-I spend a lot of my free time at home with my dog and cat, cooking and watching movies.  I've made my home a very comfortable cave to hide in.

Are you single?

-Yes.

What do you look for in a guy?

-Someone who inspires and motivates me to do things I wouldn't on my own.

What are your turn-ons?

-Laughter, love and a guy that can find humor in everything including me.

What are your turnoffs?

-Laziness, I run from it.

What would you say is your best feature?

-My sense of humor for sure.  Most people who get to know me find out I'm a much different person than I appear to be.

What are your future plans or dreams in life?

-A current dream in my head would be to host a traveling show.  Traveling to beautiful exotic beach resorts and indulging in the food and surroundings.

Well I have to say it has been an honor to speak with you Kenda and wish you nothing but the best.  You truly do inspire and one of the sweetest I have known.  To get in touch with this amazing lady check out Kenda's official website, on Twitter @KendaPerez and her Facebook fan page.  Thank you again for your time Kenda and hope you have a wonderful birthday today!

No comments:

Post a Comment