Sunday, March 20, 2011

March 2011 MMA Babe of the Month - Natasha Wicks

Our March 2011 MMA babe of the month if former UFC ring babe and model Natasha Wicks. Natasha is 26 years old, measures 34-25-35 and currently calls Las Vegas and Los Angeles home. This fan favorite grew up in Las Vegas where she attended NAU on a full-ride scholarship for cross country and track. Shortly after that she moved to Mammoth, CA where she was part of a Christian program dedicated to helping places in crisis such as Hurricane Katrina, rebuilding orphanages in Mexico and many other great efforts. After a year of service Natasha found her way to Hawaii for a year exploring surfing, snorkeling and running. Her next stop was back to Las Vegas where she began modeling and as they say the rest is history. Check out our interview with Natasha below to find out more on this amazing woman!

How did you get into the world of MMA?

-I was always a fan of MMA. I was not as devoted to watching because of my busy schedule and lack of having a TV, haha. But anytime I was able to I would watch. I knew enough about it to know who different fighters were and who won fights. I was informed about the UFC octagon girl search by a friend and thought I'd give it a try. I sent in my bio and photos like all the other thousands of girls and was selected for the top 40 to compete at the UFC expo. And we all know what happened from there. :)

We can speak for many in saying we are glad the UFC introduced us to you!

What have you been up to since your UFC days?

-Since working the Octagon I am still doing the modeling, dancing and now I do a lot of hosting, some acting and hope to further my career in all of them.

Who are your favorite MMA fighters?

-Picking my favorite MMA fighters is so difficult!!! I hate this question because there are so many different weight classes and such. But to name a few: BJ Penn, Randy Couture, Urijah Faber, Mike Swick, Forrest Griffin, Kyle Kingsbury, Kenny Florian, Brock Lesnar, Anthony Pettis... and the list goes on!

What are the sweetest comments MMA fans have said to you?

-The sweetest things fans have said to me would have to be "we miss your bright smile", "you are a character", "and your personality is one of a kind." I love making people smile and laugh, no one should ever think that I am being mean or vindictive, unless I tell you I am being mean ;) So the compliments about my personality are my favorite.

What is something most people don't know about you?

-Most people don't know that I grew up in Vegas, on a farm and home-schooled with my seven other siblings. I hate wearing make-up, I don't own a comb and I love poop humor. :)

What are your hobbies and how do you spend your free time?

-My hobbies include running, long-boarding, surfing, SUPing, sewing, cooking, reading, watching movies, dancing, singing, kayaking and photography.

How was your trip to Iraq and what did you get to do?

-My trip to Iraq was epic! We were in Kuwait and Iraq. We traveled around to the different bases doing clinics and spending time with the soldiers. We would never travel on the ground unless it was on a base. All our traveling was done via Black Hawk Helicopter or C130. We did signings, photos, the UFC fighters did grappling clinics and we shot guns, made bombs and blew shit up! haha

Are you single?

-I am single, yes.

What do you look for in a guy?

-Qualities I must have in a guy are similar interests. Active, not obsessive but someone who loves to get outdoors. Humor is so important, I love to laugh and make people laugh. I love original and individuality. Someone who is just them, not a follower but a leader. A guy who is thoughtful and romantic is a must. I am so low-maintenance, don't like jewelry, name-brand items or expensive gifts. I prefer experiencing life together, going places like tide-pools and theme parks... stuff like that. I am a big kid ;)

What are your turn-ons?

-Turn-ons: big smile, long hair, athletic (no steroids), good sense of humor, laid-back... I want a gentleman in the street but a freak in the bed! haha

What are your turnoffs?

-Turn-offs: Self-absorbed, jealous, steroids, womanizer, close-minded, lazy, fame-hungry, negative outlook on life.

What would you say if your best feature?

-I'd say my best feature in the physical, is my face. Not that I think I am so beautiful or anything, I just like that I have a welcoming smile and eyes. People are comfortable around me and never leave feeling like I was mean or self-absorbed.

What are your future plans or dreams in life?

-My future plans are to just pursue different interests. Whether it is acting, modeling, etc. I am just going with life, living it as it comes. I want to have a lot of money so that I can do more to help the world. If I had the money right now, I would go help and devote my time to Japan, my heart was made to love and comfort people and that is the main goal for my success. With more success, I can help more. :) And I would love to get married, have a family and hopefully raise my own kids on a farm, haha.

For all the latest news on Natasha check out her Facebook fan page, on Twitter @natashawicks, monthly blog at Girls of BSN and at Model Mayhem.  I think we speak for many that we miss you at UFC, adore you as a person and wish you nothing but the best in all your future endeavors.  Thanks again for your time Natasha and we look forward to speaking with you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment