Friday, February 27, 2015

February 2015 MMA Babe of the Month – Katia Kubacki

Our February 2015 MMA babe of the month is Aussie ring card girl and martial artist Katia Kubacki! This 24 year old (birthday girl today) knockout is 5’7”, 121 lbs (55 kgs), measures 32DD (10D AU) and calls Sydney, Australia home. Katia has graced the cages and rings for Cage Conquest, JNI Promotions, Bee Stingz Gym Fight Nights, UCU and Taipan Muay Thai Gym Fight Night and is the Australian model ambassador for Fighting for Autism. Along with her ring carding she also trains in several martial arts with plans to step into the cage herself as a fighter one day soon. Outside the world of MMA Katia is a model, student and works for her fathers’ company. She has been featured in several magazines including Inked Australia and New Zealand, Live to Ride Magazine, Custom Tattooz Mag and numerous others along with several music video appearances. Keep on reading below to find out what else we learned about our February 2015 MMA babe of the month Katia Kubacki.

How did you get into the world of MMA?

-I got into MMA through my ex partner who was a kickboxer and got me started in kickboxing leading into Muay Thai but it wasn't until I started working at UTC Gym in St Mary's under Tama Tehuna and Lincoln Hudson. Working here gave me firsthand experience branching into my ground game and introduced me to Judo and BJJ. Ring carding only came natural with my involvement in the sport of MMA.

What were you doing before you became involved in MMA?

-Before MMA I was a total music nerd. I hardly had any friends, use to get picked on a lot and had to change schools 3 times because of bullying. Learning the different martial arts techniques and giving me some motivation, to aspire to and achieve has given me my confidence and also has taught me the discipline and respect I have today. Most people call me crazy when I say I train every morning at 6am but there is no better feeling in the world then training first thing in the morning. Gives you that confidence and motivation to smash the rest of the day!
 
Who are your favorite MMA fighters?

-Oh, well easy for the women, Ronda Rousey! She cops a lot of shit and criticism but has the grace and sportsmanship to let her actions and wins speak for themselves without her having to show pony and promote herself. She has proven herself time and time again and despite criticism has always risen above. As for the men, I’d have to say James Tehuna. He is one of the most humble, soft spoken guys I have ever met. Yes, his last 3 fights have not been the best but he has taken risks by putting his body on the line because he had the confidence within himself to do it. He doesn't take the easy road. He doesn't take on opponent’s because it will be an easy win, he takes on world renowned fighters for the chance to better himself and to prove he can do something when most people would have doubts.

What would your fight name be if you were a fighter? Katia "?" Kubacki

-Haha, I joke around with my trainer all the time about this! He insists on “Killer” but my nickname at my old work was “Kung fu Kat”! I'm not too fussed on names but more about the technique and skills.

What is something most people don't know about you?

-I was actually a huge loner in school. Had no friends, picked on a lot, battled depression and eating disorders and had horrible self esteem issues. I definitely thought I was the ugly duckling!

How do you enjoy spending your free time?

-I love spending my free time reading up on what's going on in the world of combat sports. At the moment here in NSW there is a legislation regarding promoters, their events and being in the industry. I feel I need to keep up to date with all laws, controversies, opinions and different views from all perspectives involved.

-I also love training so most of my spare time I am training or studying. I am currently studying food science at university as well as sports and exercise nutrition.

-Oh and I love spending time with my dog at the beach! Best way to clear the head!

Are you single?

-Yeah I'm definitely single. My dad is my biggest supporter and male role model. Any man is going to have a tough job ahead of them to live up to the man that is my father!

What do you look for in a guy?

-Sense of humor for sure, has to have similar likes and has to be goal orientated. If he is not striving or constantly trying to better himself than he has no business being with me. I'm all about the happy positive vibes! Also has to have his own things going on! Nothing worse than a boring unmotivated guy!

What are your turn-ons?

-Nothing sexier than a man who knows what he wants and isn't afraid to go for it! Even if that means 100 no's for that one yes! I like a manly man but when it comes to me he has to be a softie and be able to view life from all different perspectives and has to be committed. A guy that has 100's of girls throwing themselves at him but has the respect and discipline to know he has a good thing waiting at home! ;)

-An athletic tattooed male also doesn't go unnoticed cause it shows he takes pride in his appearance and has to have good tattoos. Nothing worse than back yard tattoo’s or the tat he got "that one time on a big night" haha.

What are your turnoffs?

-Arrogant, selfish, stubborn, liars and cannot stand show ponies! Also, OMG, bad smelling and hairy. I put up with that at the gym; I don't want to come home to it!

What would you say is your best feature?

-Physically, definitely my eyes!

What are your future plans or dreams in life?

-I just bought my dream house on the beach so that's one accomplishment! But I would love to finish my degree, recover from my recent injuries to get back to training 100% to have my first fight and I definitely would love the chance to go train in America or Brazil! I'm planning my trip to Thailand soon to train so I'm pretty excited for that too!

-My goal at the moment is to crack into the UFC being the first tattooed ring card girl and model to achieve this and show everyone that you can have tattoos, still look classy and be the girl next door! So to the readers please feel free to message, inbox, Facebook and Instagram Mr. Dana White and tell him the UFC is missing that extra edge! Classy, professional, knowledgeable and down to earth tattooed Aussie girl is what he needs at his shows! Haha

Any special shout outs or thank you's?

-Huge shout out to UTC gym in St. Mary's, NSW, Australian Top Team guys in Wentworthville, NSW, the Bee Stings Crew in St Mary's and Jabbout in Penrith, NSW especially Glen Purvis! Also to Brad Griffiths, Pedro, Stefan and Trae Jaeggi. Last but certainly not least to my awesome parents and my biggest fan and supporter, my cousin Samantha!

Thank you very much for your time Katia and glad to have you back on Babes of MMA! For more on our February 2015 MMA babe of the month Katia Kubacki please visit her Facebook, Instagram and Twitter pages. Happy Birthday Katia!

Posted on February 27, 2015 by www.babesofmma.com

No comments:

Post a Comment