Friday, November 14, 2014

November 2014 MMA Babe of the Month – Michelle Ulibarri

Our November 2014 MMA babe of the month is World Series of Fighting ring card girl and MMA model Michelle Ulibarri! This 24 year old stunner is 5’4”, 115 lbs, measures 34-25-35 and calls Las Vegas and Salt Lake City home. Along with her ring carding duties for World Series of Fighting Michelle has also modeled for MMA Xplosion, LA Boxing, Wand Fight team, Badboy Clothing, Venum Clothing and been featured in numerous MMA magazines and websites including Babes of MMA, Fight! Magazine, Fighter’s Only and MMA Uncaged. Outside the world of MMA Michelle is a full-time mother, published fitness model and fitness bikini competitor. She has worked with the likes of Golds Gym Products, Pro Form Equipment, Weslo Fitness Equipment, Health Rider Equipment, The Sports Authority, Reebok Apparel and Equipment, Icon Fitness, Muscle Pharm and been featured in magazines like Oxygen Magazine, Ultra-Fit Magazine and Bodybuilding Magazine. Keep on reading below to find out what else we learned about our November 2014 MMA babe of the month Michelle Ulibarri.

How did you get into the world of MMA?

-My sons’ dad, Jorge Lopez, is a former UFC veteran and is actually signed with the WSOF for a 4 fight deal. So since we met I have pretty much lived the MMA life from the moment I wake up to the moment I fell asleep. Then a little over 2 years ago I won my contract with WSOF as one of the ring girls and have been a part of the sport from a total different view.

What were you doing before you became involved in MMA?

-It was 8 years ago so I was oblivious to the sport and was a junior in high school at the time. I'm absolutely humbled to have become a part of it. These athletes define the word "athlete". Some of the hardest working men and women I know. It’s not only physically tough but mentally. It has to be a part of you to get into a cage with someone else whether it is a friend or a foe and to treat it as profession as these fighters do. Do their job; beating each other up then hug and shake hands as soon as the bell rings.

Who are your favorite MMA fighters?

-First without question would have to be Wanderlei Silva. When I moved to Las Vegas, he and his family took me in as their own and opened my eyes up to so much of this world. Tea Silva was always pushing me and helping me in different aspects of the sport. A lot of their contacts including Badboy, Fighter's Only and Venom all came about because of Wanderlei and Tea. They have helped my career more then they know and I will be forever grateful. Then on an athlete stand point he was one of the most professional fighters with one of the biggest hearts I have ever known. He is all about this sport, his family, his fans and his love for god.

-One of my other favorite fighters is Josh Burkman, another fellow Utahn. He always brings such an amazing show and is so professional but when his hand is raised in victory it’s all about his gratitude toward his family. He brings his kids into the cage for them to share in his glory.

What would your fight name be if you were a fighter? Michelle "?" Ulibarri

-Michelle “Fearless” Ulibarri. I've overcome and lived through some serious hardships but last year when I was down and being hard on myself I got the word fearless tattooed on my finger. This is to always remind myself; I've done so much in my life, pushed forward when I thought I didn't have it in me and can get through any obstacle life throws my way.

What is something most people don't know about you?

-When I was in 6th grade my principal picked me out of our entire school and from there I was chosen out of 1,000 applicants to go to the opening ceremonies of the 2002 Winter Olympics. One of the coolest experiences I've ever seen.

How do you enjoy spending your free time?

-I love being around both my boys, Stryder and Cameron. My son is 3 and is so full of life, shows us something new every single day. When the world is so negative he is the happiest little soul and brings the biggest joy to our life. I also like to work out, golf, camping, fishing, ice fishing, go four wheeling, ride snowmobiles, and snowboard, pretty much anything adventurous. I grew up a huge tomboy, one of the only girls in my entire family. My entire family is very outdoorsy and has taught me to love the great outdoors.

Although already alluded to earlier are you single?

-No, I'm currently in a serious relationship, exciting news I will announce very soon! ;)

What do you look for in a guy?

-Someone who will make me laugh. If you make me cry from laughing even if it’s from the stupidest of jokes you will have my heart, no doubt. I also look for someone that really wants to spend time together, quality time.

What are your turn-ons?

-A great personality, someone who is spontaneous (structure is nice in certain areas but I love to just pick up and go on a whim).

What are your turnoffs?

-Someone who is all about themselves (cocky, self absorbed), someone who is boring, controlling, jealous, or negative.

What would you say is your best feature?

-My eyes, you can tell a lot about a person from just looking into their eyes.

What are your future plans or dreams in life?

-Future plans: I'm currently going through real estate school; it will give me the financial stability but the flexible schedule to continue following my dreams as a model and a ring girl. So if you know anyone or live in Utah yourself you know who to contact! ;)

-Dreams in life: To have a huge loving family and live a spontaneous adventurous life.

Any special shout outs or thank you's?

-I'd like to thank my family from WSOF for all they have done for me as well as the other girls! As well as my very own family, especially my mom she has been my biggest fan from as early as I can remember. She drove me to and from dance and gymnastics 3 or more times a week, an hour each way, for a decade or more of my life. She was always in the stands cheering me on at almost every game she could get off work or out of work early for. She is the definition of a mom, she was there to encourage and push me, wiped my tears, scrapes and bruises, but always put me in my place when I was acting a fool. They have all put up with my crazy life and spontaneous attitude. They have always stuck with me, supported and pushed me to follow my dreams and because of them I have and will continue to pursue my dreams. Also thank you Babes of MMA for the feature and for always supporting my career!

Thank you very much for your time Michelle and glad to have you back on Babes of MMA! You can catch Michelle and the WSOF ring card girls live tomorrow night from the USF Sun Dome in Tampa, Florida. Click here to purchase tickets or tune into WSOF.com for the preliminaries starting at 7pm EST followed by the main card on NBC Sports Network starting at 9pm ET. For more on our November 2014 MMA babe of the month Michelle Ulibarri please visit her website and give her a follow on Facebook and Twitter.

Posted on November 14, 2014 www.babesofmma.com

No comments:

Post a Comment