Monday, October 27, 2014

Fighter Babe Amber Brown Makes Her Invicta FC Debut this Saturday

Fighter babe Amber “The Bully” Brown (3-1) returns to the cage this Saturday for Invicta FC 9 at the RiverCenter in Davenport, Iowa. Fighting out of Albuquerque, New Mexico we recently caught up with Amber prior to her Invicta FC debut this Saturday for the interview below to learn a little more about her.

How did you get involved in MMA and how long have you been training?

-I first started training just boxing as a way to get into shape after having my daughter, almost 6 years ago. I wanted to try out an amateur boxing match maybe about a year or so later and fell in love with everything about competing. Competition was very limited at that time in boxing so I decided to do MMA about 2 1/2 years ago.

Where are you currently training, and what's a typical training week like for you?

-I train out of Fit-NHB in Albuquerque. My weeks are very busy, lots of sparring, also breaking down each discipline, strength & conditioning, and cardio. I take off maybe 1 day a week unless my body feels like it needs more. ALWAYS in the gym!

Tell us about your upcoming fight, who you're fighting and where?

-My upcoming fight will be at Invicta FC 9 in Davenport, Iowa against "Lightning" Liz McCarthy.

What is your best experience as a fighter? What is your worst?

-My best experience so far in my career was being able to go to Tokyo, Japan twice in 2 months to fight!

-I would say the worst part is getting all the dirty looks in public when you have black eyes!

What advice would you give to other women who are reading this interview and want to get started in MMA?

-If I could give any woman advice who is interested in MMA, I would say GO FOR IT!!! Follow your dreams and never give up. Hard work definitely pays off!

What or who are your inspirations in MMA and life?

-My inspirations would have to be my coaches, Arlene Sanchez, Tom Vaughn, and Jon Judy! My husband Joe Blake and most of all, my daughter Maliyah!

Who are your favorite MMA fighters?

-Honestly, I do not have a favorite fighter at this point.

How do you enjoy your free time when not training or fighting?

-During my free time, if I am not in the gym, I mostly enjoy being with my family spending time with them, or being anywhere outdoors!

Lastly before we let you go we would love to hear about your future plans and let you send some shout outs.

Any future plans or dreams?

-I want to prove myself amongst the best in the world, no easy fights; I want to be the best so I have to fight the best. I want to eventually have a gym of my own one day and pass down what I've learned to others.

Any shout outs you would like to make?

-I would like to send some love over to my whole Wildbunch family, my coaches Tom, Arlene, and JJ. To my husband Joe and also my sponsors Unleashed Sports Nutrition, Damage Control Mouthguards, Mei-Li Fighting, and Tony's Pizza & More.

Thank you very much for your time Amber and good luck on fight night! Click here to purchase tickets to Amber’s fight or tune into UFC Fight Pass to watch the live stream. Send your shout outs to Amber on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!

Posted on October 27, 2014 by www.babesofmma.com

1 comment:

  1. Amber Brown defeated Liz McCarthy via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 30-27).

    ReplyDelete