Thursday, July 10, 2014

Fighter Babe Patricia Blackburn Makes her MMA Debut this Saturday

Fighter babe Patricia “The Assassin” Blackburn makes her MMA debut this Saturday for Chehalis Fight Night 5 presented by Full Impact Fitness in Chehalis, Washington. Fighting out of the Quinault Indian Nation as a proud Native American mother we recently caught up with Patricia prior to her big debut this Saturday for the interview below to learn a little more about her.

We first featured you awhile back as a ring girl. What made you make the transition from ring girl to MMA fighter?

-Being a ring girl I fell in love with the sport, I like to work out and punch people in the face.

How did you get involved in MMA and how long have you been training?

-My boyfriend, a retired fighter, cornered Bryan Caraway for his first UFC fight and I sat front row and knew this is what I wanted to do. I had just started training that week but now I have been training for the past 3 years off and on due to college.

Where are you currently training, and what's a typical training week like for you?

-I train at Victory Athletics in Lakewood, WA and Yakima MMA in Yakima WA.

Tell us about your upcoming fight, who you're fighting and where?

-I am making my MMA debut against Chelcie Dalmeny (also her debut) in Chehalis, WA for Full Impact Fitness. I took the fight on 6 days notice and I am fighting at a heavier weight class because I am eager to fight.

What are your thoughts and emotions going into your debut fight?

-Famous words of teammate Julian Erosa, “F*ck It!”

What advice would you give to other women who are reading this interview and want to get started in MMA?

-Don’t be intimidated. Whether you want to do it to get in shape, stay in shape, learn how to throw a straight punch, or have dreams of being a Champion, go for it! I’ve met some incredible people through this sport. If you live near Lakewood, WA come in and see me.

What or who are your inspirations in MMA and life?

-I aspire to be a better fighter every day. My inspirations are: The Seahawks, Russell Wilson, Miesha Tate, Dennis Hallman, Gina Carano, Matt Lininger, Aaron Blackburn, and my son.

Who are your favorite MMA fighters?

-I use to be in love with GSP.

How do you enjoy your free time when not training or fighting?

-I’m an outdoors type of girl. I like camping, hunting, fishing, boating, and taking road trips with my family.

For those who will inquire we have a couple questions for the male readership as well.

Are you single?

-No.

What are your turn-ons?

-Confidence and a nice smile.

What are your turnoffs?

-Ignorant people.

What would you say is your best feature?

-My left hook.

Lastly before we let you go we would love to hear about your future plans and let you send some shout outs.

Any future plans or dreams?

-To become a professional MMA fighter and get paid to do what I love.

Any shout outs you would like to make?

-My first training partners Chelsea Bailey and Maylee Rahn, my good friend Miesha Tate, and Coach Dennis Hallman. Also to my Yakima MMA family and Victory Athletics.

Thank you very much for your time Patricia and good luck on fight night!

1 comment:

  1. Chelcie Dalmeny took home a second round TKO victory but this fight was marked as an exhibition due to Chelcie coming in overweight.

    ReplyDelete