Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Fighter Babe Shinju Nozawa-Auclair Makes her Professional MMA Debut this Sunday

Fighter babe Shinju “Juju” Nozawa-Auclair makes her professional MMA debut this Sunday for Rizin Fighting World Grand Prix 2017 1st Round at the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan. Fighting out of Scorpion Fighting System in Brighton, Michigan by way of San Francisco, California we recently caught up with Shinju prior to her big fight this Sunday for the interview below to learn a little more about her.

How did you get involved in MMA and how long have you been training?

-I have been training for a year and half.

Where are you currently training, and what's a typical training week like for you?

-I am currently in the middle of a training camp in Tokyo! I typically do 1-2 hours of technical work in the morning followed by an hour of conditioning. I return in the evening for a few more hours to get in solid technical work. When I return to the states, I will be moving from Michigan to San Francisco and plan to train at El NiƱo.

Tell us about your upcoming fight, who you're fighting and where?

-I will fighting Sheena Starr at the Saitama Super Arena in Tokyo, Japan on July 30th.

What is your best experience as a fighter? What is your worst?

-The best thing that has come from my experience as a fighter has been messages I get from other women on social media. I have had a few people tell me that they started martial arts or have gotten involved in fitness because they saw me do it, that's the coolest feeling ever. That's how I started this journey as well! I was watching some UFC fights and saw a couple girls go at it and decided to give it a go, so it's pretty sweet that I can do that for others.

-My worst experience has got to be getting disqualified for throwing a head kick in Ohio. I didn't know head kicks weren't allowed in Ohio until the rules meeting (totally my fault; but honestly, what a weird rule), and even though I knew I wasn't supposed to, it was just too late! I kept seeing my opponents hand slip and muscle memory and instinct took over. I pulled on the kick and it ended up barely tapping my opponent but I was still DQed.

What advice would you give to other women who are reading this interview and want to get started in MMA?

-Just go for it! I pretty much jumped into the deep end right from the beginning. There wasn't a lot of easing into it as I immediately fell in love with the sport. Sure, there are scary moments and it took a lot of convincing from my coach for me to take my first fight but I am so grateful with how everything worked out.

What or who are your inspirations in MMA and life?

-My parents! My dad is a badass. He is in his fifties and he still surfs, skateboards, does Muay Thai and triathlons. I hope to be half as cool. My mom, despite all the naysayers, has always gone after her dreams and always encourages me to do the same. For that, I'm grateful.

Who are your favorite MMA fighters?

-Joanna Jedrzejczyk and Angela Lee.

How do you enjoy your free time when not training or fighting?

-I love walking around Tokyo in between training sessions! When I'm back home in San Francisco, I love to take my dogs out to the beach.

Lastly before we let you go we would love to hear about your future plans and let you send some shout outs.

Any future plans or dreams?

-I hope to continue fighting in the Rizin ring and help encourage other women to get involved in the sport!

Any shout outs you would like to make?

-Thank you to the boss, Mr. Sakakibara for incredible opportunity and experience!

Thank you very much for your time Shinju and good luck on fight night! Click here for more event information including tickets and send your shout outs to Shinju on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!

Posted on July 26, 2017 by www.babesofmma.com

1 comment:

  1. -Shinju Nozawa-Auclair defeated Sheena Starr via submission (armbar) at 1:50 of round 1.

    ReplyDelete