Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Fighter Babe Jamie Moyle Returns to the Cage this Saturday

Fighter babe Jamie Moyle (3-0) returns to the cage this Saturday for Invicta FC 14 at the Municipal Auditorium in Kansas City, Missouri. Fighting out of Las Vegas, Nevada we recently caught up with Jamie prior to her Invicta FC fight this Saturday for the interview below to learn a little more about her.

How did you get involved in MMA and how long have you been training?

-I got started in MMA because in high school I took Muay Thai for a few months. Then years later, my mom worked near an MMA gym and kept talking about it to me. We decided to sign me up, and I have been training ever since.

Where are you currently training, and what's a typical training week like for you?

-I am training for Invicta FC 14 right now for my fourth fight with that organization. Training for me during the week consists of MMA practice every day at 11:30 where we do sparring, grappling, wrestling, and anything else MMA. A few days a week I do jiu jitsu, and other days I do wrestling class. At nights, I will do Muay Thai and mitts. I also have conditioning and sparring Saturdays, and lighter conditioning throughout the week.

Tell us about your upcoming fight, who you're fighting and where?

-My fight on September 12th is in Kansas City, MO. I'll be fighting Sharon Jacobson.

What is your best experience as a fighter? What is your worst?

-The best experience as a fighter is getting a great, dominant win. When I got in there for IFC 11 and stayed focused the whole time then got the finish right away, that was a great feeling. The worst is going in there and feeling disappointed with your performance.

What advice would you give to other women who are reading this interview and want to get started in MMA?

-I would say that as a woman, you are going to have to work extra hard and there are always going to be people who doubt you because you are a female. You have to go in there with the right attitude, which is to be serious about your training. Be respectful and hold yourself to the same standards as anyone else in the gym.

What or who are your inspirations in MMA and life?

-I feel inspired all the time in different situations. It's usually little things throughout my day that I notice and make me smile.

Who are your favorite MMA fighters?

-My favorite fighters are Demetrious Johnson, Jose Aldo, GSP, and Frankie Edgar.

How do you enjoy your free time when not training or fighting?

-I like to cook, relax at home and let my body rest, go to movies and hangout with my family.

Any future plans or dreams?

-I plan to continue to focus on each fight that I have and make sure I'm always at my best. I also plan to eventually be a black belt world champion in BJJ and to be the UFC champion.

Thank you very much for your time Jamie and good luck on fight night! Click here to purchase tickets to Jamie’s fight or tune into UFC Fight Pass on Saturday to watch the live stream. Send your shout outs to Jamie on Facebook and Twitter!

Posted on September 8, 2015 by www.babesofmma.com

1 comment:

  1. Sharon Jacobson defeated Jamie Moyle via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28).

    ReplyDelete