Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Fighter Babe Polly Beauchamp Returns to the Cage this Saturday

Fighter babe Polly Beauchamp (1-0) returns to the cage this Saturday night for Ultimate Impact 15 at the GL1 Leisure Centre in Gloucester, United Kingdom. She is an amateur strawweight fighter coming from a stand up background where she holds a 3-0 record in kickboxing and a 1-0 record in K-1 to go along with her one MMA victory this past February. Fighting out of Trojan Free Fighters in Cheltenham, United Kingdom we recently caught up with Polly prior to her big fight this Saturday for the interview below to learn a little more about her.

How did you get involved in MMA and how long have you been training?

-I have been training seriously for about 4 years now but really only transitioned to MMA last year. I have always been into martial arts but it wasn't really until I started competing that I took it more seriously, and only really found a love for MMA when I changed gyms in late 2013 and started to learn new things!

Where are you currently training, and what's a typical training week like for you?

-I train at Trojan Free Fighters in Cheltenham, which is 65 miles away from my house, but totally worth the traveling! I am generally up there for 2-3 hours, 3-4 times a week and then again on a Sunday too. I also train once a week at a local boxing gym and incorporate running and weights in to my training, more so when I'm in camp! ;-)

Tell us about your upcoming fight, who you're fighting and where?

-I am fighting on June 6th for an established UK promotion, Ultimate Impact 15. I am fighting a girl named Monica Nix from London Fight Factory, who I believe has a 1-1-0 record.

What is your best experience as a fighter? What is your worst?

-I wouldn't say that I have one best or worst moment; to be honest the whole experience has its ups and downs! I am lucky to have such a strong and supportive team, like a little family! And also support from my friends and family. I really like the discipline that is needed and enjoy pushing myself mentally and physically and it feels good when you know you're feeling strong and training is going really well. It can be hard sometimes though when you feel like you have a bad day, because your body is drained and when you have to turn down eating out or meeting friends for drinks because you're on a weight cut!

What advice would you give to other women who are reading this interview and want to get started in MMA?

-Just go for it! It is such a great confidence booster, great for fitness and it's always good for women to learn how to defend themselves too. I have also made some good friends at training!

What or who are your inspirations in MMA and life?

-There's lots of different people that I look up to and respect but there is no one person who I aspire to be like. I just want to be the best that I can be, and I'm the only person who knows how hard I can push myself!

Who are your favorite MMA fighters?

-My favorite MMA fighters are Tecia Torres, Cowboy Cerrone, GSP and Alexa Grasso.

How do you enjoy your free time when not training or fighting?

-I am close with my family so I spend what time I can with them and will always try to meet my friends (even if it’s for a lime and soda). I live with my boyfriend and our little dog, Doug (who is far too spoilt); we spend a lot of time walking him! It's quite hard to find spare time as I work a 9-5 job 5 days a week and have to find time to do house-hold chores too on top of all my training!

Lastly before we let you go we would love to hear about your future plans and let you send some shout outs.

Any future plans or dreams? 

-See what happens I guess and take one step at a time, but I would like to get a good amateur record, go pro and then fight on some of larger worldwide shows.

Any shout outs you would like to make?

-Everyone at Trojan Free Fighters and in particular the 'boss' Paul Sutherland who has helped me massively! To Contender Gym. The other half, Adam, who is very tolerable with my regimes! Maple Scaffolding who help out with my clothing. Sci-MX who sponsor the gym and help fighters out with much needed and great sups!

Thank you very much for your time Polly and good luck on fight night! Click here to purchase tickets to Polly’s fight and send your shout outs to her on Instagram and Twitter!

Posted on June 2, 2015 by www.babesofmma.com

1 comment:

  1. Polly Beauchamp defeated Monica Nix via unanimous decision.

    ReplyDelete