Monday, January 19, 2015

Fighter Babe Hannah Goldy Makes Her MMA Debut this Saturday

Fighter babe Hannah “The Drill” Goldy makes her MMA debut this Saturday night for World Class Fight League 11 at the DoubleTree Hotel in Tampa, Florida. Hannah currently holds a 4-0 Muay Thai record and fights in the strawweight division. Fighting out of UFC Gym Clearwater we recently caught up with Hannah prior to her big fight this Saturday for the interview below to learn a little more about her.

How did you get involved in MMA and how long have you been training?

-I fell in love with Muay Thai when I lived in New York City and went to a Friday Night Fight, signed up at a gym the next day, and the rest is history ;)

Where are you currently training, and what's a typical training week like for you?

-I have an amazing striking coach, Dom Muay Thai that I work with 4 times a week, consisting of pad work, bag work and hard sparring. I work with Ingrid Medrano out of Top Brother MMA a few times a week wrestling and judo. And Rafael Garcia out of World Class Martial Arts has been helping me out with my ground game and MMA sparring. Last but not least Alex "The Spartan" Nicholson, my amazing boyfriend, helps me put it all together. I try to run at least 5 times a week 4-6 miles with alternating days of sprints.

Tell us about your upcoming fight, who you're fighting and where?

-My MMA Debut is at the DoubleTree Hilton in Tampa on January 24th. I am fighting Amanda Lee out of North Carolina.

What is your best experience as a fighter? What is your worst?

-The best experience I have as a fighter is just the positive feedback that I receive from people. I like to inspire others to try harder and make themselves better.

-I love food so my worst experience is my weight cut, haha. I dream about spaghetti and meatballs every night.

What advice would you give to other women who are reading this interview and want to get started in MMA?

-My advice to women about MMA is whether you want to be a fighter or just learn self defense, DO IT. It has taught me so much about respect and discipline. It also gives you such a sense of confidence. I really think it is so important for women to feel confident that they can protect themselves.

What or who are your inspirations in MMA and life?

-My inspirations in MMA, I obviously love Ronda Rousey because she is BADDD and I love her attitude. Even though I haven’t been training with my wrestling coach Ingrid for long she has really inspired me so much. She's taught me to focus on my fight and just be better than the fighter I was yesterday. Don’t be fooled by her size, chick is for real and I can’t wait for you guys to see more of her!

Lastly before we let you go we would love to hear about your future plans and let you send some shout outs.

Any future plans or dreams?

-I plan to take MMA as far as I can. Right now I’m just trying to take it slow and get in as many fights and as much experience as I can. But remember my name because I will continue to strive for greatness and I am never going to settle for less than everything.

Any shout outs you would like to make?

-Shout outs to UFC gym Clearwater, Pete Guzman and Dom Muay Thai who have helped develop me into the person and athlete that I am today. Ingrid and Rafael you already know, you guys are the best. All my training partners, Sarah Kleckza, Roberto Santiago and Shawn Albaugh thanks for kicking my ass everyday! And my family, I love you guys, stoked my mom and grandparents are going to be at my fight next week, I’ll put a show on you for guys!

Thank you very much for your time Hannah and good luck on fight night! Click here to purchase tickets to Hannah’s fight and send your shout outs to her on Instagram and Twitter!

Posted on January 19, 2015 by www.babesofmma.com

1 comment: