Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Fighter Babe Tabitha Patterson is Ready to Throw Down this Saturday

Fighter babe Tabitha “B-Game” Patterson (3-2) returns to the cage this Saturday for a bantamweight title fight at Blackout Fighting Championship in Carthage, Missouri followed by another title fight just twelve days later for Gladiatior Fighting Association in Topeka, Kansas. Fighting out of Scott Heston’s Gladiator Academy in Topeka, Kansas we recently caught up with Tabitha prior to her two big fights for the interview below to learn a little more about her.

How did you get involved in MMA and how long have you been training?

-A friend of mine introduced to me to MMA and I fell in love right away. I gave up cheerleading at a division II college for MMA. I have been training a little over a year now.

Where are you currently training, and what's a typical training week like for you?

-Most weeks I train only 3 times a week with our team but when it gets close to fight week I try to train every day.

Tell us about your upcoming fight, who you're fighting and where?

-My next fight is in Carthage, Missouri. I will be fighting Blaire Patton for the 135lb belt. It will be for Blackout Fighting Championships. Then only 12 days later I will be fighting on our own Gladiator Fighting Association in Topeka, Kansas. I will be fighting Pam Sorenson and it will also be for a belt!

What is your best experience as a fighter? What is your worst?

-The best experience that I have had has a fighter is losing. It really helps me know what I need to work on and what I need to do to push myself. The worst experience would have been when I went to Vegas to fight Marina Shafir. It wasn't the loss that bothered me but that I didn't get the chance to really show what I am capable of doing.

What advice would you give to other women who are reading this interview and want to get started in MMA?

-The best advice that I could give to women is never give up. It is hard work and dedication but at the end of the day you feel better about yourself. For those who want to start MMA and haven't, just find a gym, get in there and try your best. With MMA you either love it or you hate it.

Who are your favorite MMA fighters?

-I have a few favorite fighters. I love watching Cris Cyborg fight and I want to fight with the same aggression and power she has. I am a big fan of Tecia Torres. I can’t forget about the man who got me hooked on watching the UFC, Chuck Liddell. I love the way that man fought.

How do you enjoy your free time when not training or fighting?

-In my free time I love to hang out with my friends and family, play poker and watch whatever game is on TV. I also enjoy going dancing.
 
For those who will inquire we have a couple questions for the male readership as well.

Are you single?

-Sorry men but I am married.

What do you look for in a guy?

-I love men who are athletic, ambitious, smart and funny. My man is all of those and more.

What are your turn-ons?

-When a man smells good and is built.

What are your turnoffs?

-Smoking cigarettes and can’t handle their alcohol.

Lastly before we let you go we would love to hear about your future plans and let you send some shout outs.

Any future plans or dreams?

-My plan is to make my pro debut this year for Invicta FC. Then try my best to fight in the UFC. With hard work and dedication I WILL DO IT!

Any shout outs you would like to make?

-My shout outs would be to my supporting Husband and my coach Scott Heston. Also Mike Juarez and the rest of my teammates. To Andy Harris for always getting me to practice when I need the ride. A big shout out to Brian's Lawn & Landscape, LLC.

Thank you very much for your time and good luck on fight night Tabitha! Click here to purchase tickets or click here to purchase the iPPV for Blackout FC. Send your shout outs to Tabitha Patterson on Facebook and Twitter.

1 comment:

  1. Blaire Patton defeated Tabitha Patterson via submission (triangle choke) in the first round.

    ReplyDelete