Monday, September 23, 2013

Fighter Babe Jamie Milanowski Returns to the Cage this Saturday

Jamie “Lilcannon” Milanowski (3-0) returns to the cage this Saturday to defend her bantamweight title for V3 Fights in Memphis, Tennessee at the Minglewood Hall. This 22 year old God fearing woman and athlete believes she was put on this earth to fight. She brings her top level performances and passion to the cage every fight and as Jamie says, “this is not a sport, it is a lifestyle.” We recently caught up with Jamie prior to her return to the cage this Saturday for the interview below to learn a little more about her.

How did you get involved in MMA and how long have you been training?

-I have been training MMA for a year and six months. I got involved in the sport when I was kicked out of the boxing gym I was training at. The boxing coach and I simply could not get along at the time and had a falling out. The same day I was kicked out I got a call from a MMA coach, my current coach, asking me to come train. I saw it as a blessing I had to take advantage of.

Where are you currently training, and what's a typical training week like for you?

-Currently training under Jason Carley at Lights Out MMA and AJJ. A typical training week for me is to wake up and run my sprints as well as bag drills and jump rope. Then in the afternoon I go to the MMA gym and train with my team anywhere from two to four hours depending on the day and if I have a fight coming up. I train twice a day six days a week. I am an ambitious woman so sometimes I have spurts of energy and train random additional times. It's pretty normal to catch me training at 3 am on top of my other training.

Tell us about your upcoming fight, who you're fighting and where?

-I will be defending my title against Briannah "MEANA" Conatser September 28th at the Minglewood Hall in Memphis, Tennessee. Tickets can be purchased online at v3fights.com.

What is your best experience as a fighter? What is your worst?

-My best experience as a fighter is being able to impact other people's lives and knowing that I am a role model to the younger generation. Keeps me humbled and striving to do better as well as help more people.

-My worst experience as a fighter would have to be saying "no" to cookies and wings when I'm cutting weight. It takes a lot of discipline and sacrifice to be a fighter.

What advice would you give to other women who are reading this interview and want to get started in MMA?

-I am often asked this question and I will always answer it the same way each time. Being a fighter is not a sport, it is a lifestyle. If you are going to be a part of it and be successful you must first be willing to ask yourself are you willing to sacrifice time with friends, sleep, food, are you willing to train for hours every day even when your body feels so sore you can barely move? Do you have what it takes to be so mentally strong that you can talk your physical body to go one more rep when it wants so badly to quit? When you get knocked down will you cover up and hope the ref stops the fight or will you reverse that sucka and pound it out to become champion? If your choice is to become champion and you’re willing to make the sacrifices well then maybe you should become a fighter. My second piece of advice to you then would be to stay out of my weight class. (Laughing)

What or who are your inspirations in MMA and life?

-My inspiration is God. I train and fight hard to Glorify Him.

Who are your favorite MMA fighters?

-Don't have one.

How do you enjoy your free time when not training or fighting?

-Any good fighter will laugh at this question. Fighters don't have free time. Any free time I get goes to sleep haha.
 
For those who will inquire we have a couple questions for the male readership as well.

Are you single?

-I am in a committed relationship with God.

What do you look for in a guy?

-What I look for in a guy would be if he can make me laugh and if he makes me feel comfortable. Of course he will have to be a man of God or at least willing to learn about Him because that's a major part of me. I love a man that is protective. Of course I could defend myself but how nice is it to have a man willing to stand up for me.

What are your turn-ons?

-Turn-ons would be a man that is cool under pressure and a gentleman.

What are your turnoffs?

-Turnoffs would be a guy that is loud in public. Walks in front of me on a date. Rude to other people, talks badly of others.

What would you say is your best feature?

-My best feature would be my personality and I guess my legs.

Lastly before we let you go we would love to hear about your future plans and let you send some shout outs.

Any future plans or dreams?

-Oh yes of course! I won't bore everyone with the details but plans to go pro are currently in the works and long term goals would be to become world champion and open my own facility for children to learn boxing as an after school program.

Any shout outs you would like to make?

-Shout out to my dad Scott who is always in my corner. My mom Linda who is the strongest woman I know. All of my teammates and my coach who make me better and more prepared each day. To every single person who has helped me along the way on this great journey I am so very thankful and I love you all.

Thank you very much for your time Jamie and good luck on fight night! Click here to purchase the iPPV for $9.99 to watch Jamie defend her belt live on Saturday night.

1 comment:

  1. Jamie Milanowski defeated Briannah Conatser via TKO at 0:10 of round one.

    ReplyDelete