Saturday, December 22, 2012

December 2012 MMA Babe of the Month – Kristie Jane McKeon

Our December 2012 MMA babe of the month is MMA ring girl and model Kristie Jane McKeon. This 22 year old knockout is 5’8”, 120 lbs, measures 34C-24-33 and calls San Diego, CA home by way of Sydney, Australia. Shortly after our first feature on Kristie she landed the coveted role as the Australian Octagon Girl for the UFC Ultimate Fighter Series TUF Smashes. Along with her work with the UFC, Kristie also ring carded for Cage Fighting Championship in Sydney, worked with Fight Chix and been featured in MMA magazines UFC Australia and Fighters Only. As an international model Kristie has also worked with the likes of Maxim, Vogue, Zoo and countless others. Keep on reading below to find out what else we learned about Kristie.

How did you get into the world of MMA?

-I originally got into the world of MMA by modeling for a MMA gym in Sydney, I ended up getting a full-time job in graphic design and marketing with them (which I have a degree in) and it all stemmed from there. I started training and watching the smaller shows then went on to watching UFC and fell in love with the sport. I’ve now been around the world and been to UFC shows in Brazil, Australia, USA, UK and hope to see more.

What were you doing before you became a MMA ring girl and model?

-I started part-time modeling while I was still in high school. When I finished school I chased my dream of being a graphic designer first, I got a degree in graphic design and communications and while still at University I modeled on the side. I then went on to work at a MMA gym in North Sydney.

Who are your favorite MMA fighters?

-I love watching fighters that like to stand and fight, I feel like there’s more action and intensity when two guys are just going at it. I would say my favorite fighters would be Anderson Silva, Ross Pearson and when he was still fighting, Randy Couture.

What are the strangest and sweetest comments MMA fans have said to you?

-I get a lot of marriage proposals lol, which I think is sweet and strange at the same time. I know they’re just kidding, but sometimes it’s just weird.

What would be your fight name if you were a fighter? Kristie “?” McKeon

-Kristie “Kamikaze” McKeon, ha I just think it has a ring to it and I’m kind of crazy haha.

Tell us about your experience on TUF Smashes?

-TUF Smashes was an amazing experience, I loved every minute of it, being that up close and personal with the fights was intense and when you’re in that little gym with no screaming fans and atmosphere around you hear every shot landed, you almost feel it.

Will we see you appear again for the UFC?

-I hope so! I hope the UFC brings another series to Australia that I could work on and a few more shows. I’d also love to travel and be an international octagon girl with the likes of Arianny and Brittney! I’m pushing to try and be a part of the London card in February!

What is something most people don’t know about you?

-I’m super flexible, I used to be a gymnast and trampolinist when I was growing up and I have somehow stayed super bendy lol, I have hyper extending limbs which everyone thinks is gross.

What are your hobbies and how do you spend your free time?

-Hobbies, I love surfing, going to the gym, going to the beach, motocross riding, anything active as I love the outdoors!

What do you look for in a guy?
-A personality just like mine! I love to muck around a lot and have fun so someone who makes me laugh and enjoys being active like myself.

What are your turn-ons?

-A good body and a smile.

What are your turnoffs?

-Guys who think they are all that…. You’re not haha.

What would you say if your best feature?

-I’m going to say my stomach, I don’t know how but it always stays really flat! I want to get a good bum again!

What are your future plans or dreams in life?

-I plan on succeeding as a model, I really want to go somewhere with the UFC, hopefully start doing international cards with the girls in the USA. I’d love to do a presenting course and take that somewhere too, maybe have something in Australia similar to the USA, UFC Tonight, etc.

Any special shout outs or thank you’s?

-I want to thank my dad! Without him I would never be the person I am today! My boyfriend who helps and supports me in everything I do  and everyone who has said kind words to me and supported me during my career. I’ve got so much time for people who show me love and haters don’t faze me.

Thank you for your time Kristie and we hope to see you gracing the UFC octagon again soon! For more on our December 2012 MMA babe of the month you can visit Kristie’s websiteFacebook and Twitter pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment